Art History 2
Conservation and Restoration
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Maria Teresa Ribeiro Pereira Desterro
Understand the evolution of the western art paradigm throughout the Modern Era
Characterize the artistic movements of this period and identify their main artists and works
Be able to interpret artworks as aesthetic, historical and artistic objects.
I The artistic development in the Modern Era
1-The origins of Renaissance
2-The Italian Proto-Renaissance
3-The Flemish "Ars Nova"
4-Italian republics: the "Quattrocento" Renaissance:
3.Diffusion of Manneirism in Europe
III_ Barroc Art
Continuous assessment:two written tests (miminum mark of 7.5/20 in one of these tests, since in the other one obtains 13). Mimimum pass mark is 10/20.
Final examination: approval with 10/20.
- Chevalier, J. e Gheer Brant, A. (1982). Dictionnaire des Symboles. Mythes, Rêves, Coutumes, Gestes, Formes, Figures, Couleurs, Nombres. Paris: Robert Laffont & Jupiter
- Janson, H. (2010). A Nova História da Arte de Janson. A tradição ocidental. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Turner, J. (1998). The Dictionary of Art. London: Jane Turner
- Réau, L. (1996). Iconografia del Arte Cristiano. (Vol. 5vols). Barcelona: Ediciones del Serbal
- VV, A. (1972). História da Arte. (Vol. 5 e 6). Lisboa: Alfa
Method of interaction
Theoretical classes supported by examination and analysis of artworks.
Theoretical-practical lessons focused on discussing and reflecting on the course topics.
Software used in class