Conservação e Restauro
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- João Luís Farinha Antunes
- be able to prepare solutions,
- understand the factors associated with chemical bonding and its implications in the general properties of matter
- understand the formation of co-valent bonds and its polarity
- Relate intermolecular bonds to the properties of the compounds
Solutions and dispersions.
Chemical calculus. Intermolecular bonds. Covalent bonds. Hydrocarbons.
Final theoretical exam. Reports of practical classes. Minimum pass mark: 10/20 in each component. The final classification is the weighted average between the theoretical and practical evaluations (0,7 T + 0,3 P)
- Eastop, D. e Timar-Balaszy, A. (1998). Chemical Principles of Textile Conservation. Oxford: Butterworth
- Mateini, M. e Moles, A. (2001). La Quimica en la Restauration. San Sebastian: Ed. Nerea
- Vina Ferrer, S. e San Andres Moya, M. (2004). Fundamentos de Química e Física para la Conservation y Restauration. Madrid: Ed. Sintesis
- Wilks, (ed), H. (1984). An Introduction to Materials. (Vol. 1). London: The Conservation Unit; Museums & Galleries Commission
Method of interaction
Lectures and laboratory classes.
Software used in class