Quality Management in Tourism
Master's degree in Development of Cultural Tourism Products
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP
- Natércia Maria Ferreira dos Santos
Basic knowledge of statistics.
On completion of this unit students should be able to develop and implement quality control and assurance systems, analyse quality costs and implement statistical control systems.
1 - Introduction - The historical context of Quality.
2 - Quality management systems. Quality assurance standards.
3 - Certification. Standard ISO 9001. Accreditation of organisations. ISO 17025.
4 - Audits.ISO Standard 19011.
5 - Service quality.
6 - Statistical control of the process.
Theoretical component: written test. Theorical-practical component: report on literature review.
Final mark is the average of the two components. Minimum pass mark is 10/20 in both components.
- Pires, A. (2007). Qualidade - Sistemas de Gestão da Qualidade. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Hoyle, D. (2005). ISO 9000 QUALITY SYSTEMS HANDBOOK. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Sarmento, M. e Martins, A. (2011). ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF TURISM - TRENDS AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS. Lisboa: Universidade Lusíada Editora
- Sarmento, M. (2003). GESTÃO PELA QUALIDADE TOTAL NA INDÚSTRIA DO ALOJAMENTO TURÍSTICO. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by case study analysis and exercise solving.
Software used in class