Regional and Local Archaeology and Heritage
Master's degree in Development of Cultural Tourism Products
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- Understand cultural heritage with basis on archaeology and palaeontology under a touristic and territorial perspective
- Draw up an archaeological tourism project
What is archaeology and how it contributes to produce cultural heritage;
Archaeology and territory: principles, epistemological status and its relationship with culture;
Paleaontological heritage and touristic usage: palaeo-tourism.
Cultural and natural heritage. Geomonuments and Portuguese pioneerism in its defense, enhancement and preservation.
Ongoing assessment: Project/Assignment (100%)
Final Assessment: (ongoing assessment + mid-term tests)/2
- Sullivan, S. e Pearson, M. (1995). Looking after Heritage Places: the basics of Heritage Planning for Managers, Landowners and Administrators. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Melbourne: Melbourne University Press
- Figueiredo, S. (2008). Os Dinossauros de Portugal. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Chamusca: Cosmoa
- Oosterbeek, L. (2007). Arqueologia, Património e Gestão do Território - polémicas. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Erechim: Ed. Habilis
Method of interaction
Traditional face-to-face pedagogical methods (blackboard and Powerpoint presentations).
Software used in class