Electronics and Computer Engineering, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 10766/2011 - 30/08/2011
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Jorge Manuel Correia Guilherme
Provide knowledge of the main equipments and techniques to measure electric and electronic signals. Become aware of the main limitations when making measurements.
Measurement errors. Electromagnetic instruments. Voltage, current, power and energy measurement. Bridges. Digital instrumentation, voltage meters and frequency meters. Signal generators. Oscilloscopes. Spectrum analyzers. Sensors and signal acquisition. Data converters characteristics. Instrumentation interfaces.
Written Examination 70%,
Mandatory Laboratory Works 30%.
- Gregory, A. (1973). An Introduction to Electrical Instrumentation and Measurement Systems. (Vol. 1). US: The Macmillan Press LTD
- Fernandes, J. (1998). Medidas Eléctricas e Instrumentação. (Vol. 1). Tomar: Escola Superior de Tecnologia de Tomar
- Morris, A. (1993). Principles of Measurement and Instrumentation. (Vol. 1). US: Prentice Hall
- Bell, D. (1994). Electronic Instrumentation and Measurements. (Vol. 1). US: Prentice Hall
Method of interaction
Lectures, theoretical-practical classes and laboratory work
Software used in class