Electronics and Computer Engineering, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 7795/2021 - 09/08/2021
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP
- Jorge Manuel Correia Guilherme
Provide knowledge of the main semiconductor devices and circuits. The students will become familiar with matters such as diodes, bipolar and MOS transistors, operational amplifiers, and their main applications.
Semiconductor properties. Diodes, bipolar, MOS and JFET transistor. LED diodes, Hall effect. Rectifiers, limiters, log amplifiers. Single stage transistor amplifiers. Operational amplifiers. Precision
rectifiers. Comparators. Oscillators. Digital electronics. Logic gates, microelectronics technology, digital families. Differential pair. Active loads. Current sources. Precision voltage generators
Written Examination 70%, Lab work 30%.
Mandatory lab assignments carried out throughout the semester (30%)
- Gray, P. (2009). Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits. (Vol. 1). US: John Wiley & Sons
- Smith, S. (2015). Microelectronic Circuits. (Vol. 1). England: Oxford Press,
- Silva, M. (1999). Circuitos com Transístores Bipolares e MOS. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Gulbenkian
- Silva, M. (1996). Introdução aos circuitos Eléctricos e Electrónicos. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Gulbenkian
- Razavi, B. (2014). Fundamentals of Microelectronics. (Vol. 1). NY: Wiley
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions
Software used in class