Corporate Ethics and Governance
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- António Anacleto Viegas Ferreira
Students should be aware of the importance of the participation of stakeholders in corporate governance and ethical and deontological principles listed in the Code of Ethics of Chartered Accountants.
1. Concept of ethics and deontology
2. Corporate Ethics
3. The undertaking as an ethically reponsible organization
4. The individual and social factors of an organisational dynamics
5. By-laws and Code of Ethics for OCD.
6. Case studies.
Continuous Assessment: Practical assignments with presentation (25%)
Test with a minimum mark of 8/20 (75%)
Final Assessment: exam for students who don't achieve a minimum mark of 10/20 in continuous assessment
- Helena e cardoso, C. (2007). Gestão Ética e Socialmente Responsável. Lisboa: RH
- , .(2008). Introdução à Ética Empresarial. Lisboa: Príncipia Editora
- Nunes, M. (2010). Estatutos da OTOC - anotado. lisboa: Vida Económica
Method of interaction
Current issues and discussion of relevant case studies. Literature review and practical assignments on taught topics.
Audiovisual support (datashow, powerpoint).
Software used in class