4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- António Anacleto Viegas Ferreira
On completion of the module students should have the knowledge, skills and ability to create strategic alternatives and develop a critical mindset in terms of strategy analysis, formulation and planning.
1. Origins of strategic thinking
2. Schools of strategic thinking
3. Strategic Analysis
4. Company analysis
5. Strategy formulation
6. Adjust the strategy to specific situations in the company or activity sector.
7. Concepts, challenges and changes in information systems
8. Management analysis
9. Case study
Practical work with presentation (50%)
Mid-term test, minimum eight (8) marks (50%).
Exam (100%) for the students who didn't obtain a minimum mark of 10.
- Carvalho, J. (2006). Manual de Estratégia, Conceitos Prática e Roteiro. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Arthur A, T. e John, G. (2008). Administração Estratégica. Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- , .(2008). Gestão Estratégia, Conceitos modelos e instrumentos. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Method of interaction
Current issues and discussion of case studies, according to the program delivered;
Examination of assignments addressing studied themes;
Audio-visual support (data-show, power point).
Software used in class