4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- António Anacleto Viegas Ferreira
On completion of the module students should have the knowledge, skills and ability to create strategic alternatives and develop a critical mindset in terms of strategy analysis, formulation and planning.
1. Origins of strategic thinking
2. Schools of strategic thinking
3. Strategic Analysis
4. Company analysis
5. Strategy formulation
6. Adjust the strategy to specific situations in the company or activity sector.
7. Concepts, challenges and changes in information systems
8. Management analysis
9. Case study
Practical assignment with presentation (50%)
Midterm test, minimum mark 8/20 (50%).
A minimum mark of 10/20 exempts students from the final exam (100%).
- , .(2008). Gestão Estratégia, Conceitos modelos e instrumentos. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- John, G. e Arthur A, T. (2008). Administração Estratégica. Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- Carvalho, J. (2006). Manual de Estratégia, Conceitos Prática e Roteiro. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Method of interaction
Current issues and discussion of case studies according to course content;
Review of assignments on taught topics;
Audiovisual support (data-show, powerpoint).
Software used in class