Conservation and Restoration VII
Conservation and Restoration
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Leonor da Costa Pereira Loureiro
Students will be provided with theoretical and practical knowledge in the fields of conservation and restoration of graphic documents. They should develop autonomous work in the fields of preservation, conservation and restoration of various types of graphic documents.
1.Graphic documents: introduction
4.Alteration in paper supports and identification of pathologies
5.Characterisation of the cellulosic support
6.Restoration techniques, materials and procedures
8.Packaging, storage, display, transportation
Practical component: performance, attendance + practical reports.
Theoretical component: exam.
Final grade is the average of the two components and must be at least 9.5/20
- GASCOIGNE, B. (2004). How to Identify Prints. London: Thames & Hudson (ISBN-13: 978-0500284803)
- BROWNING, B. (1977). Analysis of Paper. New York: Marcel Dekker (ISBN-13: 978-0824764081)
- BANDEIRA, A. (1995). Pergaminho e Papel em Portugal. Lisboa: CELPA (ISBN 972-96838-0-8) e BAD (ISBN 972-9067-22-8)
- Paper Conservator (The).(2013, 0 de ---). Paper Conservator (The),
Method of interaction
Laboratory sessions including practice with graphic objects from archives, libraries, museums and private individuals.
Software used in class
Windows OFFICE - WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT.