Conservação e Restauro
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Luis Filipe Neves Carreira dos Santos
Students should be able to:
1. Understand the different aspects of biological action in the preservation of cultural property.
2. Detect, identify and control a variety of biodeterioration agents.
3. Recognize and use adequately laboratory techniques.
1.The preservation of cultural property - different concepts and approaches
2. General biology concepts - classification of human beings
4. Biodegradation of cultural heritage.
Biodegradation agents. Constraining factors. Organic and inorganic materials; synthetic materials.
6. Techniques for the detection of biological action. Control and prevention.
Final mark: written test (50%) + written assignment (20%)and oral presentation (15%) + technical report (15%)
- SALVADORI, O. e NUGARI, M. e CANEVA, G. (1991). Biology in the Conservation of Works of Art. Roma: ICCROM Ed.
- GAYLARDE, C. e SEAL, K. e ALLSOPP, D. (2004). Introduction to Biodeterioration. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Method of interaction
Software used in class