Computer Network Management and Security
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 42,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 5,0 O
Students should be able to apply new methodologies for managing and maintaining computer networks; identify the critical services of an infrastructure proposing solutions and strategies to minimize its inoperability; use protocols and security mechanisms.
Data networks and systems management
- Introduction to integrated management
- IETF data management protocols
Data networks security
- Introduction to cryptography
- Authentication systems, certification and access control
- Firewalls and intrusion detection systens
- Security on wireless networks
- Network access control mechanisms
Individual or group laboratory assignments(40%)
Witten test/exam (60%)
Minimum requirements:7 marks in the theoretical component and 10 marks in the practical component.
- Zúquete, A. (2006). Segurança em Redes Informáticas. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática
- William, S. (2000). Network Security Essentials. .: Prentice-Hall
- William, S. (1998). Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice. .: Prentice-Hall
- Monteiro, E. e Boavida, F. (2000). Engenharia de Redes Informáticas. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical classes using audiovisual resources and simulation.
Software used in class