Redes de Dados I
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 42,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 5,0 O
The students should be able to design LAN and WAN networks with IP unicast routing; design networks capable to support multicast services; plan and select equipment and provide maintenance support.
- Application layer (operating principles of network applications; application layer protocols)
- Presentation layer (operating principles)
- Session layer (operating principles; sockets)
- Transport layer (UDP and TCP; Mechanisms of the transport layer
- Network layer.
-Written exam (10/20)
-Written exam (2/20)
- Classwork (4/20)
Passing requirement: A minimum mark of 30% in all four assessment components.
- Forouzan, B. (2004). Data Communications and Networking. Portugal: McGraw-Hill
- Ross, K. e Kurose, J. (2004). Computer Networking: A Top Down Approach. Portugal: Addison-Wesley
- Boavida, F. e Monteiro, E. (2004). Engenharia de Redes Informáticas. Portugal: FCA
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes.
Software used in class