Introduction to Telecommunications
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 70,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Pedro Daniel Frazão Correia
Mathematical Analysis and Complex Analysis.
Students should understand the frequency analysis of continuous signals using Fourier Transform, the physical impairments of a transmission system and be able to describe continuous carrier modulation techniques in analog and digital systems.
1- Introduction to telecommunications;
2- Signals and Systems;
3- Signal theory;
4- Sampling and analog-to-digital conversion: PCM and DPCM modulation;
5- Transmission media;
6- Modulation techniques with continuous carrier;
7- Principles of digital data transmission
Exam (70%) (a minimum of 40% is mandatory), Lab assignments (30%) (a minimum of 50% is mandatory). Admission to Exam requires a pass in the laboratory based assignments.
- Pires, G. e Correia, P. (2010). Apontamentos de Redes de Dados e de Fundamentos de Telecomunicações. Tomar: Autor
- Lathi, B. (1998). Signal Processing and Linear Systems. .: Oxford University Press
- Lathi, B. (1998). Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems. .: Oxford University Press
- Forouzan, B. (2007). Data Communications & Networking. .: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Lectures, Problem solving classes, Laboratory classes;
Software used in class