Mathematical Analysis I
Computer Engineering, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 8644/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 70,0 TP
- Luís Miguel Merca Fernandes
a)- Provide the mathematical foundations required in other modules of the programme.
b)- Provide skills to work with differential and integral calculus of functions of one real variable.
2- Real functions of a real variable.
3- Limits and continuity.
4- Differential calculus.
5- Integral calculus.
Continuous assessment: two written tests marked from 0 to 10. A minimum mark of 3 in each test and an overall mark of 10 exempts students from exam.
Exam-based assessment: an exam (worth 0-20) or resit covering all the material taught. Minimum pass mark:10
In case of online exams, an oral assessment is required. The final grade will be the arithmetic mean of the written and the oral assessments.
In any form of assessment, a mark of 17 or higher requires the student to take an extraordinary exam.
- Stewart, J. (2005). Cálculo. (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Thomson Pioneira
- Howard, A. (2007). Cálculo um novo horizonte. (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Bookman
- Swokowsi, E. (1995). Cálculo com Geometria Analítica. (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Makron Books
- Silva, J. (1999). Princípios de Análise Matemática Aplicada. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the proposed subjects. Theoretical-practical lectures in which exercises are proposed and solved.
Software used in class