Industrial Robotics (Major in Industrial Automation)
Electronics and Computer Engineering
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Ana Cristina Barata Pires Lopes
Circuits, programming, electronics, digital systems, computer architecture and operating systems.
Provide the students with knowledge concerned to the operation and management of robotic systems, specially subjects related to: theoretical aspects, technological issues, characteristics and operation, programming industrial robots, and industrial applications.
1) Introduction to industrial robotics.
2) Spatial descriptions and transformations.
3) Robot morphology.
4) Robot kinematics.
5) Introduction to trajectory generation.
6) SCORBOT IX (5 DOF) e ABB IRB 120 (6 DOF).
7) Introduction to mobile robotics.
Written Test (50%), Lab work (50%) (A minimum of 45% classification in the written Test is mandatory and a minimum of 45% classification in the Labs is mandatory)
- Giraldes, E. e Smith, P. e Craig, J. (1989). Introduction to Robotics. (Vol. -). -: Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co.
- Fu, K. (1987). Robotics : control sensing, visionand inteligence. (Vol. -). -: McGraw- Hill Book Company
Method of interaction
Lectures, practical exercises and lab experiments.
Software used in class
RoboCell Eshed Roboteq;
Microsoft Visual Studio;
ROS (Robotic Operating System).