Mathematics Applied to Electrotechnics
Electronics and Computer Engineering
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
Basics of Calculus and Algebra.
Provide the foundations of the main techniques and methodologies in Statistics, Complex Analysis and Transforms that will develop in the students analysis and reasoning skills which will allow them to design and implement solutions to the various problems and facilitate decision-making.
1. Random variables. Some probability distributions;
2. Sample distributions. Parameter estimation;
3. Hypothesis tests. Correlation and simple linear regression;
4. Complex numbers. Analytic end elementary functions;
5. Complex integration;
6. Series expansion of analytic functions;
7. Residue theory;
8. Differential equations and Transforms.
Continuous assessment: two written closed-book tests, each worthing 10 points, and a minimum score of 3 grade points in each test.
Exam assessment: one written closed-book test worthing 20 grade points including all taught topics.
- C. Guimarães, R. e A. Cabral, J. (2007). Estatística. : McGraw-Hill
- C. Pedrosa, A. e A. Gama, M. (2004). Introdução Computacional à Probabilidade e Estatística. : Porto Editora
- D. Snider, A. e B. Saff, E. (1993). Fundamentals of Complex Analysis for Mathematics, Science and Enginnering. New Jersey: Prentice-Hill
- Metello de Nápoles, M. e Carreira, M. (1998). Variável Complexa. Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Theoretical and theoretical-practical lectures comprising syllabus presentation and illustration. Laboratory-practical lectures, which use specific software, and tutorial lectures.
Software used in class
EXCEL Spreadsheet and SPSS Package (Statistical Package for Social Science).