Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
Electronics and Computer Engineering
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Gabriel Pereira Pires
On completion of the module, the students should be able to program 8 bit PIC microcontrollers of the 18F family, accomplishing projects that involve: digital and analog reading, digital and PWM actuation, and rigid temporal constraints.
- Introduction to embedded systems
- Numerical representation and datatypes
- Introduction to PIC microcontrollers and development environments
- Programming/configuration of 18F PIC microcontrollers: (a) Digital input/output; (b) Timers and internal interrupts; (c) External interrupts; (d) LCD connection; (e) PWM; (f) Counters;
Written test at one of the Exam periods (60%) and Lab works (40%). The course approval requires a minimum score of 40% in the written Test and a minimum score of 50% in Lab works. The minimum score for approval is 10 out of 20.
- Peatman, J. (1997). Design with PIC microcontrollers. -: Prentice Hall
- Reese, R. (2005). Microprocessors: From Assembly To C with the PIC18FXX2. -: Charles River Media
Method of interaction
Lectures, practical exercises and lab projects (projects)
Software used in class
Mplab XC8, Proteus