Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
5.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
Students should learn the key tools and concepts in the field of electronic text processing and vector drawing and be able to apply them to graphic design and technology.
- Introduction to informatics.
- Digital image; distinction between bitmap and vector images.
- Editing and elaboration of vectorial images (introduction to specific software).
- The working environment. Definition of the document.
- Introduction and familiarization with the operational program toolbox.
- Design by paths and predefined shapes - Creation and manipulation of paths.
- Transformation, distortion and fusion of objects.
- Use of color and gradients.
- Modes, models and systems of colors.
- Types of files.
- Preparation of originals for different types of use.
Continuous assessment includes practical assignments carried out in class: 95% (1st assign: 10%, 2nd assign: 15%, 3rd assign: 15%, 4th assign: 20%, 5th assign: 35%) and class attendance: 5%. Students with an attendance higher th
- ANDRADE, M. (2016). Adobe Illustrator CC. São Paulo: Senac
- ALVES, W. (2015). Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 - Ferramentas e Técnicas para Desenho. São Paulo: Érica
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2013). Adobe Illustrator CS5: Classroom in a book. San Jose: Adobe Press
- LÉLIS, C. (2009). Illustrator CS3 & CS4 - Curso Completo. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática, Lda.
- WOOD, B. (2018). Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release). San Francisco: CA: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- CHELIUS, C. e SCHWARTZ, R. (2018). Learn Adobe Illustrator CC for Graphic Design and Illustration: Adobe Certified Associate Exam Preparation. San Francisco: CA: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- TALVANES, A. (2018). Adobe Illustrator CC a arte de vetorizar. Rio de Janeiro: Alta Books Editora
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources. Practical exercises throughout the semester.
Document creation, edition and preparation.
Software used in class