Graphic Design II
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
1. To be able to create editorial design mock-ups;
2. To understand the typological differences between the various editorial design products: periodical and non-periodical publications;
3. To be able to implement paging in each type of editorial design based on texts and images provided.
1. Introduction to editorial design;
2. Analysis of key examples and survey grids and typographical styles and paging;
3. Paging software;
4. Typographical hierarchies, page types composition and visual coherence of a publication.
Continuous assessment based on practical exercises submitted throughout the semester. The final grade is the weighted average of the practical assignments and attendance, which is worth 5% of the grade. Failure to deliver the assignments within the
- SAMARA, T. (2007). Grid, Construção e Desconstrução. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
- LESLIE, J. (2003). Nuevo diseño de revistas. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- LUPTON, E. (2006). Pensar com tipos. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
Method of interaction
1. Lectures supported by datashow.
2. Tutorials including practical exercises;
3. Supervision of editorial projects.
Software used in class