Conservação e Restauro 2
Conservação e Restauro
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Ricardo Pereira Triães
A pass in the following modules:
Introduction to Conservation and Restoration
On completion of the module the students should be familiar with the properties of the major ceramic supports; recognise the commonest causes of decay of ceramic materials and propose treatment solutions; critically evaluate different interventions in ceramic materials; write technical reports.
2. The use of clay and pottery production
3. The evolution of Portuguese pottery
4. Pottery technology
5. Decay of ceramic materials
6. Diagnosis, examination and record
7. Equipment and materials for the conservation and restoration of ceramic materials
Theoretical component: a written exam (50%)
Practical component: coursework and report (50%)
Minimum pass mark is 10/20.
- Williams, N. (1983). Porcelain-Repair and restoration. London: British Museum Publications
- Pearson, C. (1987). Conservation of marine Archaeological Objects. London: Butterworths
- Jain, K. e Oakley, V. (2002). Essentials in the care and conservation of historical ceramics objects. London: Archetype Publications
- Oakley, V. e Buys, S. (1993). The conservation and Restoration of ceramics. London: Butterworth
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Practical classes supported by case study analysis.
Software used in class