Conservação e Restauro
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- João Luís Farinha Antunes
The students should be able to describe chemical balances (acid-base, coordination and oxid-reduction)and identify these phenomena in artifacts and cultural property.
Chemical balance. Acids and bases. Salts, metal complexes, oxidation and reduction.
Final theoretical examination. Technical reports.
Minimum pass mark in each component: 10/20.
The final classification is the weighted average between the theoretical and practical evaluations (0,7 T + 0,3 P)
- Eastop, D. (1998). Chemical Principles of Textile Conservation. Oxford: Butterworth
- Antunes, J. (2016). Apontamentos de Quimica 2. Tomar: IPT
- Matteini, M. e Moles, A. (1989). La Chimica nel Restauro. Roma: Nardini Ed.
- Wolbers, R. (2000). Cleaning Painted Surfaces: Aqueous methods. London: Archetype Publications
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes.
Software used in class