Inglês e os Media
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Marta Margarida S. Dionísio de Azevedo
A2 Level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Make students aware of the need to develop a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in communicative situations;
- Develop comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy and proficiency.
1. British and American Media
1.1. Press (Newspapers and magazines)
2. Specific vocabulary used in the different media
3. Comparison of news coverage by the different media
4. Relevant events and leading figures and the way they are treated by the Media
5. Daily corporate communication
- A test at the end of the semester - 60%;
- Continuous assessment, including exercises and class participation (written and oral components) and attendance - 20%;
- Group Research assignment(written and oral) - 20%.
- Burns, L. (2002). Understanding Journalism. London: SAGE Publications Ltd
- Harcup, T. (2006). Journalism Principles and Practice. London: SAGE Publications Ltd
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students are asked to do exercises concerning the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar with a particular emphasis to practical exercises.
Software used in class