5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 2,50 OT
- Luís Miguel Ferreira Nunes
The Audience Analysis unit intends to give the students of Mass Media the knowledge and skills essential for the assertive apprehension of the parameters underlying the current models of content and media management, based on quantitative criteria of return and impact.
The approach to the methods of audiences analysis will allow to explore the main statistical indicators (offline and online) produced by the different operators in the area, enhancing the students' ability to interpret them.
The combination of quantitative observation and a qualitative analysis of audience behavior will allow both Journalism and Business Communication students to acquire core competencies to perform functions in the planning of media and marketing and advertising campaigns, assuming the perspectives advertisers, media and advertising agencies or the media themselves.
1. Introduction to audience analysis
2. Measuring tools
3. Essential concepts of audience analysis
4. Resource strategy and planning
5. Pre- and post-evaluation of campaigns
6. Portuguese audiences
- Brochand, B. (1999). Publicitor. Lisboa: Dom Quixote
- McQuail, D. (1997). Audience Analysis. London: SAGE
- Cardoso, G. (0). Anuário da Comunicação do OBERCOM. Acedido em 13 de fevereiro de 2019 em https://obercom.pt/anuario-da-comunicacao-2016-2017/
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials
Software used in class