Media Studies, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 15198/2014
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 PL + 45,0 TP + 5,50 OT
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
Approval of Journalistic Genre subject.
- Produce Reports: in a local and regional context, students should search for information, propose topics to be addressed, go to the field to contact the sources and produce the journalistic works of Reportage, presenting a paper version and a digital version.
- Produce Podcasts of Interviews: search for podcasts that are marking this new trend in order to look for a style that can be produced and disseminated, in the field of Interviews, then passing its result to a written format.
- Master the rules of journalistic production, with special emphasis on the current needs for credible information and framed in the objectives of the profession.
- Develop a critical sense in relation to the issues of Journalism: students should be able to analyze current issues involving the professional practice of Journalism, reflecting on concrete situations and framing each case from the perspective of the Media, but also of Society in general.
- Carry out a Media Literacy project: students will mentor students from a secondary school class involved in a project of Academies of Knowledge.
- Production of Developed Report to be published in ESTAJornal (paper and online).
- Interview Podcast production to be published in ESTAJornal online.
- Features contents to be published in ESTAJornal online.
- Production of Audio and Multimedia report for REC project.
- Production of reports and interviews with a view to possible collaborations with local media.
- Analysis of reports and written interviews, as well as informative podcasts.
- Approach to Contemporary Journalism through an interview to a journalist of local or colaborative Media to present at the Academia project.
(2005). Livro de Estilo do Público. Lisboa: Público
(2002). Olá Mariana - O poder da pergunta. Lisboa: Oficina do Livro
(2004). Os Elementos do Jornalismo. Porto: Porto Editora
(2012). Livro de Estilo da Lusa. Lisboa: Lusa
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials where professional subjects are analysed. Practical classes where written contexts are produced. Environment equivalent to a newsroom. Journalistic work produced in the field (when the classes are presential).
Software used in class