Tourism, Multiculturalism and Lusophony
Master's degree in Development of Cultural Tourism Products
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP
On completion of the course students should be able to understand the origin and identify the cultural customs arising from the encounter between the Portuguese and peoples in the five continents as well as carry out cultural projects taking profit from these contacts.
1. National identity and ethnic and religious composition of the Portuguese people 2. The Portuguese diaspora 3. The Portuguese culture; 4. Portugal in world culture 5. Signs of the Portuguese presence in the world 6. Immigrations 7. Tourism and contemporary society 8. Case studies
Individual work (80%)
Class performance and tutorials(20%)
- Buhalis, D. e Panyik, E. e Costa, C. (2013). Trends in European tourism planning and organisation. (Vol. ----). (pp. -------). Bristol: Channel View Publications
- Dacosta, F. (2013). Os Retornados Mudaram Portugal. (Vol. ____). (pp. ___-____). Lisboa: Parsifal
- Medina, J. (2006). Portuguesismo(s). (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Centro de Historia da Universidade de Lisboa
- Entre Prospero e Caliban: colonialismo, pos-colonialismo e inter-identidade.(2003, 0 de ---). Novos Estudos , pp. 23-52.
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class