International Tourism Markets
Tourism and Culture Management, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Eunice Ferreira Ramos Lopes
Students should demonstrate cocneptual and operation skills that enable to analyse and understand tourist activity and international markets as dynamic phenomena, using Portugal as a basis (incoming and outgoing)
1. International Tourism
1.1. Globalisation and Tourism
1.2. Cultural Diversity
1.3. International tourism trends
2. Tourist Product
3. Tourist Market
3.1 Outgoing Markets
3.2 Incoming Markets
4. International tourist profile
4.1 Consumer profile
4.1.1 Cultural impact on consumers
Class Performance (10%)
Practical assignment/project (30%)
Written test (50%)
A minimum mark of 10/20 exempts students from taking the final exam.
- Reisinger, Y. (2011). International Tourism. (Vol. --). (pp. -------). ---: Routledge
- Costa, A. (2013). Trends in European Tourism Planning and Organisation. Aspects of Tourism. British Library: Channel view Publications - British Library.
- Bhatia, A. (2006). International Tourism Management. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. : Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
Method of interaction
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes. Lectures focus on theoretical analysis of international tourist activities and explore associated concepts. Theoretical-practical classes focus on the analysis and comparison of different tourist markets.
Software used in class