Operadores Turísticos e Agências de Viagens
Gestão Turística e Cultural
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- Cláudia Sofia Charneca Gouveia
Students will acquire skills and competencies that will enable them to understand the structure of tourist distribution and the concepts and terminology used by tourist agents, design and sell tourist packages and gain basic distribution skills.
Concept of trave agency and tourist operator; The role intermdiaries in the tourism system:travel agencies and tourist operators; legal framework for travel agencies; organisational structure of travel agencies and tourist operators; future prospects for tourist agencies and tourist operators; marketing activities; design and sale of tourist packages.
Assessment is based on the following:
Minimum pass mark is 10/20.
Class performance (10%)
Written test (50%)
- Beni, M. (2001). Análise Estrutural do Turismo. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). São Paulo: Senac
- Bouyer, M. (1996). L'invention du Tourisme. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). s/l: Gallimard
- Leiper, N. (1990). Tourism Systems. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). New Zeland: Massey University
- OMT, O. (2005). Introdução ao Turismo. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). São Paulo: Roca Lda.
Method of interaction
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes providing students with the terminology used in the sector as well as critical skills.
Software used in class