Geografia do Turismo
Gestão Turística e Cultural
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Cláudia Sofia Charneca Gouveia
Fundamental concepts that allow students to understand the nature of geographic information systems within tourism management, as well as their application, in order to represent and manipulate geographical data applied to the territory and tourism.
1. Concept of geography
2. Space and territorial organization
3. Space transformation due to tourism;
4. Tourism planning from the point of view of geography;
5. Geography of Tourism: Tourist Atlas
6. Cartographic Applications in Geographic Information Systems
Assessment includes a theoretical written test and a practical test (ArcGIS Applicationa).
- Matos, J. (2008). Fundamentos de Informação Geográfica.. Lisboa: Lidel
- Medlik, S. (2003). Dictionary of Travel, Tourism and Hospitality. Butterworth-Heinemann.. UK: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Daveau, S. (1995). Portugal Geográfico.. Lisboa: Edições João Sá da Costa.
Method of interaction
Face-to-face sessions. Practical applications using GIS software.
Software used in class