Portuguese Language and Literatures in Portuguese
Tourism and Culture Management
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Hermínia Maria Pimenta Ferreira Sol
Sound knowledge of the Portuguese language structure: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and lexicon.
Students should be able to:
O1- to understand the Portuguese language and literatures in Portuguese as tools to represent different forms of viewing and interpreting the world;
O2- to master different grammatical and discoursive skills that allow to understand, interpret and produce formal texts.
C1 - Portuguese language and the Portuguese speaking world;
1.1. Portuguese language varieties;
C2 - Writing identities in literature: Texts and Genres:
2.1. Genre specificities: narrative, poetic e dramatic;
2.2. The text's genology;
C3 - Literatures: Portuguese (20th and 21st C), Brazilian (19th, 20th and 21st C) and African Literatures in Portuguese.
M1 Theoretical classes and M2 practical classes of reading and literary analysis; mid-term test (80%) + class oral performance (20%)
- SANTOS, E. e LARANJEIRA, P. (1995). Literaturas africanas de expressão portuguesa. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Lisboa: Universidade Aberta
- BOSI, A. (2008). História concisa da literatura brasileira. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). São Paulo: Cultrix
- GENETTE, G. (1995). Discurso da narrativa. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Lisboa: Vega
- , E. e BALIBAR, E. (1979). Literatura, significação e Ideologia. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Lisboa: Arcádia
Method of interaction
M1 - theoretical classes;
M2 - practical classes of literary analysis.
Software used in class