Gestão Turística e Cultural
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Carlos Manuel Martins da Costa
On completion of the course the students should be familiar with the concept of entrepreneurship and its integration in the national and international touristic reality and develop tourist products with an entrepreneurial mindset.
1. Entrepreneurship in tourism
2. The experience economy
3. New trends in tourism
4. Project - Entrepreneurial Initiative
6. Presentation and analysis of success cases.
Continuous assessment - 3 reports (20% x 3 = 60%); Presentation of the 3 reports (10% x 3 = 30%); Class attendance (5%); Class Participation (5%).
Minimum mark of 10/20 exempts students from taking the final exam.
Final assessment - Exam
- Lopes, R. (2001). A Costelação do Turismo na Economia Portuguesa.. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: Celta Editora
- Buhalis, D. e Costa, C. (2006). Tourism Business Frontiers - Consumers Producst and Industry. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: Elsevier
- Du Cros, H. e Mckercher, B. (2002). Cultural Tourism the partnership between tourism and cultural heritage management. (Vol. -). Nova Iorque: Routledge
- OECD, -. (2009). The Impact of Culture in Tourism. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). -: OECD publishing house
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes focused on the resolution of practical cases.
Software used in class