Tourism and Culture Management, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- Maria Rita de Oliveira Nunes D'Angelis
At the end of the term students should be able to master the conceptual, instrumental and marketing processes for planning tourist products and conducting tourism planning projects both at local and regional level.
1. Tourism planning;
1.1 Tourism planning (planning stages, strategies, types of planning);
2. Planning of tourism products;
2.2 Planning of tourism products (identifying potential of the tourist destination, sustainability);
3.Typologies for tourism
3.3 Tourism typologies (analysis of types of tourism and current projections of visitors);
4.Sustainable development of tourism;
4.1 Sustainable tourism development (sustainable tourism policies and guidelines);
5. Tourism plans and policies;
5.1 Tourism plans and policies (National Plans of
6. Case studies related to tourism planning.
6.1 Tourism - emphasis on Portuguese-speaking countries).
Written test (25%) in the middle of the semester with all content seen so far - 5 points (the student must have at least 3 points)
Written test (25%) at the end of the semester with all content seen so far - 5 points (the student must have at least 3 points)
Reading and responding to scientific articles sheets during classes (10% = 2 points)
Practical group work (40%) - 8 points
- Gunn, C. e Turgut, V. (2002). Tourism Planning: Basics. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). Londres: Routledge
- Hall, C. (2000). Tourism Planning - Policies, Processes and Relationships. (Vol. --). (pp. ---). Londres: Prentice Hall
- Vieira, J. (2007). Planeamento e Ordenamento Territorial do Turismo. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). Lisboa: Editorial Verbo
- Silva e Umbelino, F. (2017). Planeamento e Desenvolvimento Turístico. Lisboa: Lidel, Edições Técnicas
Method of interaction
Lectures and practical classes supported by case study analysis individually or in small groups of up to three students. Students are free to choose a case that fits into the topic of tourism but subject to the lecturer's approval.
Software used in class
E-learning platform and power point