Gestão Turística e Cultural
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Luís Manuel Mota dos Santos Figueira
Students should demonstrate instrumental, interpersonal and systemic skills (general and specific comprehension and knowledge)in tourism system.
1. Introduction to Tourism.
2. Tourism development.
3. A historical overview.
4. Tourism economics.
5. Concept of Tourism Satellite Account (TSA).
6. Demand, supply, geography and operators.
7. Presentation of assignments: preparation, presentation and assessment.
Continuous assessment based on class attendance: written test and examination papers. 50% test / exam (theoretical), 50% thematic assignment(practice). Minimum passing mark: 10/20.
- Beni, M. (2001). Análise Estrutural do Turismo. São Paulo: Senac
- Boyer, M. (1996). L?Invention du Tourisme. s/l: Gallimard
- Leiper, N. (1990). Tourism Systems. New Zeland: Massey University-New Zeland
- OMT, O. (2005). Introdução ao Turismo. São Paulo: Roca Lda
Method of interaction
Lectures and experimental work including research, literature review and field trips. Individual or group assignments.
Software used in class