TeSP - Manutenção de Sistemas Mecatrónicos
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
At the end of the course students should be able to identify and evaluate the potential of robotic systems, program industrial robots and determine the automation needs for a given application using robotic manipulators
1.Sensors, actuators and converters;
- Identify the types of sensors and actuators most used in robotics, as well as their operation and applications. Identify type of analog / digital (ADC) and digital / analog (DAC) signal converters, their operation and application.
2. Introduction to robotics;
-Know the history of the appearance of robots and their evolution.
3. manipulative robotics;
- Identify and classify different types of robots on the market and their principles of operation.
4.Kinematics and positioning of the manipulator robot;
-Describe the operation of trajectory generation systems used in robotic manipulators.
- Identify and evaluate the potential of using mobile robots.
6.Planning path of the robot;
- Trajectory planning using the reading of positioning sensors.
7. Programming of robotic systems;
- Automatic guided vehicle (AGV) programming methods, using positioning sensor reading and obstacle avoidance.
Continuous assessment: Practical assignments (5/20; minimum 2.5); Work developed throughout the classes (10/20; minimum 5).
Periodic assessment (5/20; minimum 2.5): Frequency; Normal Exam and Appeal Exam.
The final grade is obtained by the sum of the grades obtained during the continuous assessment and during the periodic assessment.
- Pires, J. (2012). Automação Industrial. (pp. 0-492). Lisboa: Lidel
- B.Niku, S. (2013). Introdução à Robótica - Análise, Controle, Aplicações. brasil: Livros Técn. e Cient. Editora
- Jenkin, M. e Dudek, G. (2000). Computaciol Principles of Mobile Robotics. United States of America: Cambridge University Press
- Warren, J. e Adams, J. e Molle, H. (2011). Arduino Robotics. New York, USA: Apress
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures, describing and exemplifying the application of the fundamental principles. Theoretical-practical classes demonstrating applications. In the laboratory classes projects are developed using didactic materials.
Software used in class