2 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 1,50 OT
- Marta Margarida S. Dionísio de Azevedo
Students should be able to:
- apply a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) in specific communicative situations within the area of Mechanical Engineering;
- use comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy using grammar and structure rules accordingly.
1.Engineering, Technology and Society
2.Mechanical Engineering - A job
3.Materials, tools, mechanisms and forces
Grammar will be approached according to the needs of the students.
- A written test at the end of semester 60%
- Continupus assessment including practice and class discussion (written and oral) and attendance- 20%
- Research assignment (written and oral) - 20%
- Loyd, C. e Frazier, J. (2011). Career Paths Engineering. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Dearholt, J. (2012). Career Paths Mechanics. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Glendinning, E. e Pohl, A. (2016). Oxford English for Careers Technology 1. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Murphy, R. (2012). Essential Grammar in Use. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students are to develop the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar.
Software used in class