Mechanical Engineering, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 14312/2015 - 02/12/2015
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Jorge Manuel Afonso Antunes
Concepts of fluid mechanics, kinematics, physics and materials.
An overview of the various types of turbomachinery, highlighting different constructive provisions and main applications. Pipeline project training taking into account the demand in this area, applicable standards and codes. Common practices and construction details.
1.Features of the Global Operating Turbomachinery 2.New dimensionless coefficients 3.Specific Speed. Definition of Geometry 4.Cavitation 5.Equipment and Securities 6.Pumping installations; 7.Piping Project 8.Sizing Valves 9.Steam Traps, Separators and Filters Miscellaneous 10.Expansion Joints
Written test divided into theoretical and practical (50% each). Open-book practical test. Theoretical and practical group work with a weight of 30%. A minimum of 10 grade points in the written test is required to pass.
- Carvalho Quintela, A. (2007). Hidraulica. Lisboa: F. Calouste Gulbenkian
- Douglas, J. e Gasiorek, J. e Swaffield, J. e Jack, L. (2005). Fluid Mechanics. UK: Prentice Hall
- Karassik, I. e Messina, J. e Cooper, P. e Heald, C. (2001). Pump Handbook. -: McGraw-Hill
- Round, G. (2004). Incompressible Flow Turbomachines. -: Elsevier
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical classes which describes the basic principles. Problems will be solved to consolidate the subject matter. Mandatory discussion on the results of each problem. Presentation of educational materials. Laboratory tests.
Software used in class