Processos de Conformação Plástica
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Bruno Miguel Santana Chaparro
In this unit the main concepts of science and technology associated to metal forming technologies are presented. The theoretical and practice of metal forming technologies are explored.
2. WORK HARDENING
3. PLASTIC INSTABILITY
4. TEMPERATURE AND STRAIN-RATE EFFECTS
6. NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF LARGE DEFORMATION PROCESSES
Summative assessment consists of final exams: regular exam (1st season), Supplementary exam (2nd season)
and Supplementary special exam.
- HOSFORD, W. e CADDELL, R. (2007). METAL FORMING: MECHANICS AND METALLURGY. (Vol. 1). Cambrige: Cambridge University PressÂ Â Â
- BANABIC, D. (2007). ADVANCED METHODS IN MATERIAL FORMING. (Vol. 1). Springer: Springer
- Khan, S. (1995). CONTINUUM THEORY OF PLASTICITY. (Vol. 1). Wiley: Wiley-InterscienceÂ Â Â
- Rodrigues, J. e Martins, P. (2010). Tecnologia MecÃ¢nica - Tecnologia da DeformaÃ§Ã£o PlÃ¡stica.. (Vol. I e II). Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Method of interaction
Student will be introduced to each subject through presentation of each topic, followed by some practical
examples to consolidate the concepts. Theoretical lectures are complemented with the resolution of exercises.
Software used in class