Tecnologia dos Materiais
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Carlos Alexandre Campos Pais Coelho
While not compulsory, a pass in Materials Science and Engineering will be useful.
- be able to characterise the different types of materials
- be familiar with the different thermal treatments of metal alloys and its purposes
- know the appropriate procedures for each material
- be familiar with metal characterisation techniques
- Industrial production of iron alloys
- Iron-carbon alloy systems
- Alloy and non-alloy steel
- Thermal treatment of steels
- Classification of steels
- Cast irons
- Non-ferrous metallic materials
- Non-metallic materials
- Introduction to meta
Written tests and individual and group coursework, the latter being compulsory in every assessment season.
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes. Technical visits.
Software used in class