Mecânica Aplicada I
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Carlos Alexandre Campos Pais Coelho
Provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge to the modeling of real problems of Mechanics Physics.
Provide an introduction to the Static equilibrium.
Determine Centroids and Centres of Gravity
Examine structures and machinery.
1. Statics of Particles: plane and space forces.
2. Rigid Bodies: Equivalent Systems of Forces (Two- and three-dimensional).
3. Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies.
4. Distributed Forces, Centroids and Centres of Gravity.
5. Analysis of structures.
The final grade (NFinal) is calculated considering the exams grades (NProvas) and individual coursework (NTrab.):
NFinal=0,75xNprovas+0,25xNtrab or only NProvas
Final grade: Written exam
Method of interaction
The theoretical concepts will be presented in classroom with the aid of audiovisual media. Worksheets will be resolved in class.
Software used in class