Research Methods in Culture and Tourism
Tourism and Culture Management
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Luís Manuel Mota dos Santos Figueira
Students should demonstrate instrumental skills (cognitive, methodological, technological and terminological) and interpersonal and systemic skills (general and specific comprehension and knowledge)in the field of tourism and culture.
Cooperate in digital competence imn applied research.
1. (Analysis of texts on: terminologies/forms/contents/epistemology and etimology)
2. (Theme and research process)
3. (Post 2 point experimentation)
4. (Educational/formative/professional/institutional an businness use of the applied research)
5. (Evalution sessions)
Continuous assessment based on class attendance: written test and examination papers. 50% test/exam (theoretical), 50% thematic assignment(practical). Minimum pass mark: 10/20
- Pocinho, M. (2012). Metodologia da investigação e Comunicação do Conhecimento Científico. Lisboa: Lidel- edições técnicas, lda
- Azevedo, A. e Azevedo, C. (2004). Metodologia Científica - Contributos práticos para a elaboração de trabalhos académicos. Lisboa: Universidade Católica
- Al, E. e Albarello, L. (2005). Práticas e Métodos de Investigação em Ciências Sociais. Lisboa: Gradiva Lda
- Campenhoudt, L. e Quivy, R. (2008). Manual de Investigação em Ciências Sociais . Lisboa: Gradiva Lda
Method of interaction
Lectures and experimental work including research, literature review, and field trips. Practical work done individually or as part of a team.
Intensive use of media and digital tools.
Software used in class
To consider (case by case)