TeSP - Produção de Atividades para o Turismo Cultural
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Ana Paula Gomes Ribeiro Rafael
Does not apply.
Students should be able to:
- Introduce oneself and others;
- Receive others at work;
- Write formal and semi formal electronic messages/ letters;
- Acquire and apply the grammar needed to achieve the aforementioned goals.
1. The English language in daily life communication and in the workplace context;
1.1Introducing oneself and others and receiving others at work;
1.2. Writing formal and semi formal electronic messages/ letters;
2. The world of work;
2.1. Work and motivation;
2.2. Dealing with complaints;
2.3. Office material;
2.4. Numbers and basic mathematicas;
3. Specific terminology;
3.1. The impact of cultural tourism on the region - commercializing culture, patrimony and tradition;
3.2. Hitorical and natural patrimony vs virtual tourism;
3.3. Integrating residents and visitors;
1. Articles and pronouns;
2. verb tenses;
5. Adjectives and adverbs.
Continuous assessment: written test 60% + research work 20% + continuous evaluation 20%
Students workers: written test 80% + research work 20%
Final assessment: exam 80% + research work 20%
The research work is compulsory to all the students.
- Taylor, J. e Zeter, J. (2011). Career Paths - Business English. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Brown, H. e Dooley, J. e Evans, V. (2015). Career Paths - Management I. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Bolton, D. e Oscarson, M. e Peterson, L. (1993). Basic Working Grammar. Lisboa: Thomas Nelson and Sons, Ltd e Lisboa Editora, Lda
Method of interaction
Reading, listening, speaking and writing and grammar exercises during theoretical and theoretical-practical classes.
Software used in class
Does not apply.