TeSP - Design Multimédia
5.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Rui Miguel Sardinha Proença
Basic knowledge of computer and digital imaging.
- Know the basic tools and concepts in the areas of electronic text processing and vector drawing.
- Know and become familiar with the operating program tools (vector drawing)
- Develop application skills for text editing
- Master the specific software for editing and making vector images.
- Develop original preparation skills for different types of use.
1. Introduction to Informatics.
1.1 Notions of hardware and software.
2. digital imaging; distinction between bitmap and vector images.
3. Editing and elaboration of vector images (specific software).
3.1. The working environment. Document definition.
3.2. Introduction and familiarity with the operating program toolbox.
3.3. Path design and predefined shapes - Creation and manipulation of paths.
3.4. Transformation, distortion and fusion of objects.
3.6. Font family, leading, kerning and tracking.
3.7. Creating and editing graphic patterns and styles
4. Modes, models and color systems.
4.1. Use of color and gradients in vector drawing software.
5. File Types.
5.1. Preparation of originals for different types of use.
Continuous assessment focuses on practical work done in class: 95% and attendance: 5%.
Assessment by exam is exempt students with attendance greater than 2/3 (two thirds) of classes and who have done the practical work with grade equal to or higher than 10 (ten).
Students with less than 2/3 (two thirds) of classes will be excluded from the exam evaluation.
Examination assessment will be a practical exercise.
- SCHWARTZ, R. e CHELIUS, C. (2018). Learn Adobe Illustrator CC for Graphic Design and Illustration: Adobe Certified Associate Exam Preparation. San Francisco: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- WOOD, B. (2018). Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book. San Francisco: CA: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- LÉLIS, C. (2009). Illustrator CS3 & CS4 - Curso Completo. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática, Lda.
- ALVES, W. (2015). Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 - Ferramentas e Técnicas para Desenho.. São Paulo: Érica
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Execution of practical exercises throughout the semester.
Document creation, edition and preparation.
Software used in class