Master of Geographic Information Systems in Planning and Territory Management
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- Cristina Maria Mendes Andrade
Students must have at least the knowledge level of Exploratory Data Analysis.
After the acquisition of knowledge and skills in the fundamental concepts of Multivariate Statistics and Geostatistics, students should be able to analyse data in their present spatial distribution and in the identification and assessment of spatial data variability.
I - Multivariate Statistical Analysis
1 Principal Component Analysis
2 Cluster Analysis
II - Geostatistics
1 Review of concepts of descriptive statistics
2 Spatial continuity analysis 2.1 Variogram and covariance 2.2 Theoretical variogram models
3 Geostatistical estimation 3.1 Linear geostatistical estimation 3.2 Simple kriging 3.3 Co-kriging
4 Estimation of extreme values in natural resources
Evaluation continuous and exam: two written works related to the two parts of the syllabus, 40% and 60% of the final grade, respectively .
- Soares, A. (2000). Geoestatística para as Ciências da Terra e do Ambiente. Lisboa: IST press
- Maroco, J. (2007). Análise Estatística com utilização do SPSS.. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Reis, E. (1997). Estatística Multivariada Aplicada.. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Goovaerts, P. (1997). Geostatistics for Natural Resources Evaluation. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Method of interaction
Lectures where some of the fundamental principles are described as well as practical classes where some of the proposed applied exercises are solved, namely through the application.
Software used in class
IBM SPSS, ArMap(ESRI) e Package Geostatistical Analyst