Design of Cultural Projects and Spaces of Knowledge and Leisure
Mestrado em Museus, Património e Sociedade do Conhecimento
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 36,0 TP
1. to develop the critical ability and a holistic vision about the cultural and knowledge spaces.
2. To ensure that students perceive and understand Design as a mediation activity and one that creates cultural
and knowledge discourses.
3. To stimulate in students the use of multidisciplinar.
The role of Design as mediator between users and producers/promoters of cultural and knowledge objects/spaces.
Design a dynamic and creative cultural experience.
The interaction and the cognitive elements that support the creation of ludic and learning spaces/discourses
Inclusivity and sustainability in the Design of Cultural and knowledge spaces.
The assessment (scale 0-20) will be based on:
a) report (70%)
b) work developed by the groups dring the practical classes(30%)
- Nairne, S. e Ferguson, B. e Greenberg, R. (1996). Thinking about exhibitions. (Vol. 1). USA and Canada: Taylor and Francis
- Dietz, S. e Cook, S. e Graham, B. (2010). Rethinking Curating: Art after New Media. (Vol. 1). England: Leonardo Books
- Dernie, D. (2006). Exhibition Design. (Vol. 1). UK: Laurence King Publishing Ltd
- Carbonell, B. (2004). Museums Studies: an anthology of contexts. UK: Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Method of interaction
the classes will be based in lectures that are supported by media devices. There will exist also practical classes in which grop exercises will be developed based upon a brief delivered by the teacher.
Software used in class