Healthcare Law and Ethics
Master's degree in Health Resources Management
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 41,0 TP
At the end of the course students should be able to know the laws that regulate the Health System (both public and private) as well as the National Health Service. They should also be able to identify, analyse, interpret and write contracts in the health domain.
1. concepts, elements and basic principles of Health legislation;
2. principles and laws of the Health system;
3. Framework law of the National Health Service;
4. Ministery for Health - it's mission and framework attributions;
5. The chart of the National Health Service.
6. The regional health administrations (RHA).
Mid-term test: minimum passing grade 10/20.
Exam: for those who do not pass or do not do the mid-term test. Minimum passing grade 10/20.
Method of interaction
lectures and case-study analysis.
Software used in class