Industrial Management Systems
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (specialization in Control and Industrial Electronics)
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 2,0 O
Students will be able to associate the production function with other functional areas of an enterprise, apply models, techniques and fundamental methods developed in the production management context, implement SPC systems and use production management computer tools.
1. The evolution of production systems and the production function.
2. Competitiveness factors.
3. Methods engineering and process design.
4. Quality Management.
6. Aggregate Planning
7. Inventory Control
8. Material Requirements Planning - MRP
9. Operations Programming
Written test with two parts: theorical and theoretical-practical.
Each component is worth 50% of the overall mark.
The final grade is the average mark of two parts. Minimum pass mark: 10/20.
- Rold, V. e Ribeiro, J. (2014). Gestão das Operações - Uma Abordagem Integrada. Lisboa: Monitor
- Courtois, A. e Pillet, M. e Martin-Bonnefous, C. (2007). Gestão da Produção. Lisboa: Lidel
- Winston, W. (2003). Operations Research - Applications and Algorithms. USA: Duxbury Press
- Jacobs, F. e Aquilano, N. e Chase, R. (2003). Operations Management for Competitive Advantage.. Irwin: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes focused on the analysis and solving of practical cases with the aid of microsoft excel tools.
Software used in class