Master's degree in Editorial Design
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 O
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
To recognise different approaches of Media Discourse (written texts, use of photos, editorial options and ethics).
1. Media Goals and Media Power; the panorama os Mass media; journalism as a profession.
2. Journalistic Written Discourse: editorial guidelines and specificities of each médium
3. The identity of each publication: quality/popular; objetivity and neutrality
4. Photojournalism and Editorial Design: connections between visual elements; relationship between professionals.
5. Different approaches over Media Discourse: ethics and deontology
6. Methodologies of Media Discourse Analysis for the production of research works
In continuous evaluation, students will present a Paper/project with a critical and original approach of one of the topics of the programme with results presented in class. Alternatively, students may opt for a written test.
In both exams, students will be evaluated through a written test.
- , .(2001). Multimodal Discourse. London: Arnold
- , .(1995). Media Discourse. London: Arnold
- , .(2000). O discurso do jornal. Lisboa: Editorial Contexto
- , .(2006). Discurso das Mídias. São Paulo: Editora Contexto
Method of interaction
Presentation of the theoretical contents supported by datashow resources.
Analysis of academic papers.
Analysis of media outputs.
Organization of debates in the classroom.
Stdents projects presentation and discussion.
Software used in class