Master's degree in Editorial Design
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT + 3,0 O
- Mário Miguel Jesus Carvalho
1. know and distinguish the different types of diagrams;
2. interpret complex data, building a comprehensive infography
3. adapt infographics to the graphic rules of a publication;
4. use appropriate computer applications
1. Information Design and Infographics; 2. Areas of action and object; 3. Infographics in various media of editorial design; 4 Tools; 5. Features for computer implementation of infographics; 6. Visual information and its relationship with knowledge; 7. Strategies for diagrams in everyday situations; 8. Methodology of design; 9. Suitability for formal design of a publication.
1. Continuous assessment of project preparation;
2. Final assessment of project results (final grade is the weighted average of both assessment components).
- Mijksenaar, P. (1997). Visual Function: An Introduction to Information Design. Roterdao: 010 Publishers
- Tufte, E. (1988). The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Chesire: Graphics Press
- Brenda, L. (2003). Design Research: Methods and Perspectives. London/Massachusets: MIT Press
- Wildbur, P. (1989). Information graphics. Nova Iorque: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co.
Method of interaction
1. Theoretical lessons supported by datashow resources;
2. Practical lessons including practical exercises
Software used in class
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.