Master's degree in Editorial Design
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT + 3,0 O
- Ana Isabel e Sousa do Carmo
1.Recognize the potential of digital publishing
2.Understand and distinguish different eBook formats
3.Know the main categories of apps and eReaders devices
4.Edit and format ebooks
5.Develop an editorial design project for an ebook
1. Print Publishing vs. Digital Publishing
2. Digital Publishing Overview ? case study analysis
3. What is an eBook
4. eBook file formats
5. The main categories of apps and eReaders devices
6. Creating dynamic and interactive files (Adobe InDesign)
7. Creating EPUB files (Adobe InDesign)
- Burke, P. (2013). ePublishing with InDesign CS6: Design and produce digital publications for tablets, ereaders, smartphones, and more. EUA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- CASTRO, E. (2011). EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders. Berkeley (EUA): Peachpit Press
- Diane, B. e Cohen, S. (2014). Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC: Moving Beyond Print to Digital. EUA: Adobe Press
Method of interaction
1. Lectures and demos supported by datashow.
2. Tutorials including problem solving.
3. Project development
Software used in class
Adobe InDesign; Adobe Digital Editions