Peninsular Neolithic Art
Master's degree in Prehistoric Archaeology and Rock Art
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 7,0 T + 12,0 TC + 8,0 S
- Hipólito Collado Giraldo
The students should become familiar with the rock art techniques, its location criteria and different approaches to interpreting its meaning. They will be introduced to the documentation techniques related with rock art.
1. The origins of the neolithic rock art (RA) in the Iberian Peninsula.
2. Schematic rock art as a paradigm of societies characterised by production.
3. Distribution of schematic rock art.
4. Techniques, style and typologies in peninsular schematic RA.
5. Chronology of schematic RA in the Peninsula.
6. Interpretative theories.
7. The end of schematic RA. Introduction to rock art ...
Class performance (20%), Examination (35%), Assignment (45%).
Method of interaction
Software used in class