Photography Project 1
8 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 15,0 S + 10,0 OT
- Valter Nuno Garcez da Silva Ventura
The students will develop individual projects which reveal their creative skills and apply taught concepts and principles.
The Project should be based on a personal motivation and on a deep reflection on the its underlying theme and context.
Students will discuss the way of different authors in photography. Personal Projects will be monitored with teacher individually and in group, in their several phases of development. (work in progress).
The projects will be monitored (work in progress) on a regular basis.
The final Project and associated report and presentation will be assessed by a panel of examiners.
- Rouillé, A. (2005). La Photographie: Entre Document et Art Contemporain. .: Gallimard
- Virílio, P. (1988). La Machine de la Vision. .: Galilée
- Couchot, E. (1998). La technologie dans l'art: de la photographie à la réalité virtuelle. .: J. Chambon
- Mirzoeff, N. (1999). An Introduction to Visual Culture. .: Routledge
Method of interaction
Group and individual tutorials. Practical classes: case study analysis, individual and group assignments, fieldwork, studio work, analogue and digital laboratory.
Software used in class